Friday, November 14, 2014

Colon Cancer

It is pretty interesting to be able to see live tweets during a surgery because it is not very common. A surgery for colon cancer is something I have never seen before so I was definitely amazed as I have never seen any kind of surgery being done before. I was surprised by the amount of Carbon Dioxide that fitted into the stomach without the stomach bursting. Honestly, the most amazing part was they inflated the stomach with carbon dioxide to make it look like a balloon. I never thought something like that was even possible. I could not relate the surgery to what we learned in class comparing it to the colouring sheets, or notes we took in class but I could say I could relate it to the one digestive system video we watched in class. Taking out the colon itself was very surprising for me as I thought that was dangerous but very interesting. When talking about the removal of colon, I didn't know they literally pull it out, which is one new thing I learned from this.


No comments:

Post a Comment